Work / MEDIA
Media - Media Planner
Baldwin& is currently hiring for the position of Media Planner, which is a mid-level role within our growing Media Department. The position will provide support in all facets of the development and execution of traditional and digital paid media plans for Baldwin& clients.
- Assists in the creation of media objectives and strategies as part of the overall media approach for all campaigns
- Guide plan development, deliver presentations of media plans to Account Management and client for approval
- Create and send Request For Proposals (RFPs) to media vendors and lead proposal evaluations, including negotiations
- Set up approved media plans by obtaining credit approval and creating client buy authorizations
- Execute media plans and plan revisions by managing Insertion Orders (including internal approvals, distribution to publishers, and collection of counter-signed Insertion Orders)
- Interface with partner broadcast, print and OOH agencies for planning resources and media buying (when applicable)
- Coordinate creative asset delivery and approvals with external partners, internal project management and account team
- Utilize third party digital ad serving tools to traffic creative, monitor ad buys, report and provide optimization recommendations to clients
- Provide campaign performance insights reports, and present these reports to the client when necessary
- Aid with monthly billing including discrepancies and actualizations
- Assist in agency capabilities presentations and new business opportunities
- Constantly evaluate current and emerging digital and traditional media trends and their impact on our clients
- Conduct research on target audiences and the competitive landscape using syndicated tools like MRI and comScore
- Write POVs as needed and evaluate new media platforms
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- 1-2+ years of integrated media planning and buying experience at either a brand or agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising/Marketing/Communications
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent math skills
- Negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong software skills including media research and planning tools: DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM), DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM), Google Analytics, MRI, comScore
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in fast-paced environment
This position reports to both the Sr. Digital Strategist and Media Director and is located in Raleigh, NC.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com if interested. Please write “MP Resume Submission” in the e-mail subject line. Applicants without prior media planning experience will not be considered. No phone calls at this time please.
Baldwin& is a hybrid branding/digital/advertising/mobile/social media thingy in Raleigh, NC. Since our founding in 2009, Baldwin& has won AdAge’s Small Agency Campaign of the Year (2011), AdAge’s Small Agency of the Year (2012) and the AAAA’s O’Toole award (2014) for best body of work from an agency with less than 150 employees. In 2016, Baldwin& won AdAge’s Small Agency Digital Campaign of the Year for our work with Krispy Kreme. Other clients include Bridgestone Motorcycle Tires, Cree LED Lighting, Red Hat, Videri Chocolate, Seventh Generation and BMW Golf. Baldwin&’s mission: Use creativity to make a difference for clients we believe in.